**Please note*** During the coronovirus pandemic, we are moving to a 'Doctor First' triage system. Appointments will be made after a doctor has assessed your symptoms, either over the telephone or via online or video consultation.
- We run an appointment only system
- The GPs have 10 minutes per appointment, if you have several problems and think you need more time, please let the receptionist know.
- Each appointment is for 1 person only.
- Children under 16 should be accompanied by an adult.
- We aim to offer you an appointment with a doctor within 48 working hours of your request.
- If you wish to see a particular doctor you may need to wait longer especially if that doctor only works part time.
- If you need to be seen urgently please ring as early as possible in the day. If no appointments are available the doctor will phone you back the same day for a telephone consultation.
- Some people's problems may take longer than expected and you may have to wait - please be patient.
Please telephone to cancel, even at short notice, so that the appointment can be given to another patient. It helps to give as much notice as possible for the same reason.
To Speak to a Doctor
If you wish to speak to a Doctor by phone at Burngreave you need to book an appointment. Please phone between 08.30am and 09.00am or fill in the phone consultation request form on our online services page. If you feel you need to speak to one of the doctors urgently outside the times given please inform the receptionist who will be able to assist you. In most cases the receptionist will take your details and the doctor will return your call.
To Speak to a Practice Nurse
Please ring the surgery and ask the receptionist to put you through to one of the practice nurses, if available. 'Ring Back' will be offered if the nurse is unable to take your call at this time.