When We Are Closed
Out-of-hours services between 18:30 and 08:00 Monday to Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday and all Bank Holidays are provided by the GP collaborative. On ringing the surgery you will be automatically transferred.
NHS Walk-in Centre
The walk-in centre is open every day between the hours of 08:00 — 22:00. NO APPOINTMENT REQUIRED.
You can be seen at the walk-in centre for:
- Minor Illness Problems
- Dressings (please take your own dressings)
- Immunisations, travel vaccinations and other injections where the patient takes the vaccinations with them or has a letter from the G.P. outlining vaccinations needed.
- Emergency Contraception
- Removal of sutures
Do not attend the walk-in centre for the following as they do not provide these services:
- Dental Pain (visit your dentist)
- Minor Surgery including opening and draining abscesses
- Repeat prescriptions for routine medication
- X Rays
- Sick Notes
- Signing of Westfield Health or other Health Scheme Forms
- Alternative therapy such as acupuncture or massage
- Send or provide hospital transport
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.